Work in Progress - Third Report on the NI Executive Response to COVID-19
Work in progress
We are currently undertaking work in order to produce this publication. Details of when we aim to publish the finalised report are indicated below.
The Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) previously published reports on the Northern Ireland Executive’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic on 2 September 2020 and 8 June 2021. In the second report on this topic the C&AG noted the intention to produce a further update when fuller information was available.
The scope of this third report will include:
• Updating costs, initiatives and funding allocations.
• Consider how the landscape has changed since our second report, including case numbers, vaccinations, easing of restrictions and recovery.
• Governance arrangements including the role of Executive and COVID Taskforce.
• Our work to date, through both our public reporting programme and financial audits, evaluating how money was spent. We do not intend to undertake additional work to assess the value for money of individual measures adopted or the effectiveness of the response as part of this report.
• Drawing on work completed in other jurisdictions and lessons learned.
The C&AG intends to publish this report in summer 2023.