Today NIAO C&AG, Kieran Donnelly, publishes his report Broadband Investment in Northern Ireland.
- NIAO Report Broadband Investment in Northern Ireland (PDF 2.3 MB)
- NIAO Media Release - Broadband Investment in Northern Ireland
- Watch our report video here
The report examines the delivery of two of the most recent projects:
- Northern Ireland Broadband Improvement Project (NIBIP) –part of a larger, national Broadband Improvement Project, which lays new fibre optic telephone lines from existing exchanges to new, small broadband exchanges in more rural areas. The build phase, costing £17.7 million, was completed in December 2017; the take-up phase is expected to complete December 2021;
- Superfast Rollout Programme (SRP2) - project involving laying new fibre optic telephone lines to cabinets (green cabinets at the side of roads), and in some cases to premises. The build phase, costing £15.7 million, commenced February 2015, and due to complete end of December 2018.